Monday, August 1, 2011

Today, I Went Over 800 miles


Its the first of August in the year I have devoted to walking one thousand miles. On this day, I officially surpassed eight hundred miles. At this rate, I may make my goal by my thirtieth high school reunion in early October. When I woke up this morning, I wasn't sure if I would be able to walk today. I had decided to get out of the house. Before I reached my first mile, my feet were hurting. I'm thinking it might have just been from sitting in the truck so long yesterday. Still, I detoured around those pain potholes and kept going. Eventually, I forgot all about the pain in my feet. On the way home, I felt a twinge in my shoulder. Come on now..what the heck? I started a light shadow boxing to the music to try to work it out. It helped. I kept walking. When I got home, I realized all I had to get done before eleven. Its maid day. I woke the kids so they could make their beds and get stuff off the floor (you can't clean a floor with stuff all over it), threw a load of laundry in, started the dishwasher, then raced out to run errands. Then, believe it or not, the maids came earlier than expected. I guess they didn't know I fired the last service for that exact reason. Lucky for them, the kids were dressed and ready to go by that time. Unfortunately, my shower would have to wait. It was quiet, so I went back down to the basement and completed my workout routine. It made me feel better, less stressed, less anxious. Then, the kids came back with a lovely sugar free hazelnut soy frappuccino. As I drank my decadent drink, I told them I had reached a big milestone today. They were excited for me. "What will you do next, after its all over? Will you keep doing the blog?" "Wow, at the rate you are going, you might make it to 1300 miles this year." You know, I didn't really need a celebration. Today, I felt like a positive role model to our kids and that was good enough for me. I think I'll make something special for dinner...healthy, but special.

No comments:

Post a Comment