Thursday, August 18, 2011

Mold Happens. Move On.


Spike: There's something wrong with this yogurt.
William: Ah, that's not yogurt, that's mayonnaise...
Spike: Ah, right-o then.
[continues to eat it] ~ Notting Hill (1999)

This morning, I got up, had coffee with my husband, then went down to the basement to workout. I thought about walking outside. It was another beautiful day. The only reason I didn't was, on the treadmill, I can get a harder workout. More sweat, you know? Sorry, more glowing.
After my usual routine, I came back up and showered. It was 1000hrs by now and I was starving, so I made a why protein smoothie. I like to make them after my workout because they are filling. I added Jillian Michael's chocolate whey protein powder, one cup crushed ice, one cup water, one banana, and a mixture of strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries. Then I added a teaspoon of wheat germ. yum. It makes two full glasses. I follow with a glass of water and I've good until lunch.
I had to head over to Kohl's. No really, I had to. I had $30.00 in Kohl's cash to spend. Sure, I know its just a ploy to get me in the store, but hey...it works especially when there are school clothes to buy.
When I came home, I threw some laundry in. It was around 1230hrs and I was hungry again. Time for my yogurt. When I opened the container, I was shocked to find it had mold. Yuck! Oh well. I took a photo for proof (and the blog), then tossed it in the trash. Then I went back to the fridge. I always have extra on hand. Oh well. That's life. Mold happens. Its a shame though. I was really in the mood for Chobani Vanilla (only 120 calories). Instead, I had a plain (100 calories) and mixed it with a half teaspoon of Nutella. Not so low in calories, but hey its chocolate and hazelnut..Mmmmm. You know what would be nice? If the Chobani folks would send me a case of vanilla to make up for what happened. I can dream, right? If they do, I'll be sure to tell you about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment