Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Customer Service



The other day, I wrote "Mold Happens. Move On". On the same day, I sent a Facebook note to Chobani letting them know what happened. I never expected to hear back from them. Customer service nowadays is sorely lacking. One never really expects. One just hopes that someone is listening.
Well, the folks at Chobani surprised me. They responded to my Facebook note with an email address the same day. I emailed the address they sent and explained what happened. I sent them a copy of the "Mold Happens" blog. In addition, I sent the one I wrote where we did a Greek yogurt taste and Chobani won. They responded to the email the very next day. That was just a few days ago. Last night, I got mail. The folks at Chobani sent me a personal message, some very cool fridge magnets and about a dozen coupons for their products. I can't wait to go shopping for more of my favorite..."loving spoonful".

Unfortunately, I have to sit here and wait for COMCAST. Our phones have been out since the big storm. When we called, we got a pre-recorded message saying they were working on the problem. I really hate pre-recorded messages. Anyway, we waited and waited. Still nothing. No response. No land line phones (and they will probably still charge us for those days of no service). At least our Verizon cell phones are still working. Comcast repair is finally coming today...between the hours of 0800 and 1100hrs. Ugh! To make matters worse, that means I can't walk this morning. I am stuck sitting here waiting. In my opinion, that's not good customer service. COMCAST could learn a thing or too from Chobani. I guess its like they say..."Nothing But Good" and that includes how they treat the customer. Thanks Chobani.

Update: Jaime, the COMCAST/Xfinity repairman arrived around 0830hrs. Its 0955hrs. He just left. He was extremely nice and definitely the most technically knowledgeable repairman we've had from this particular company (In earlier cases, my youngest son did better at correcting the problem). We discovered a total of three televisions were basically dead and the box that makes the phones work..it was dead too. He corrected the problem with phones by swapping out the box. Then, he gave me his personal contact information so I could get him back after the televisions were repaired (and he promised...at no cost to us). I was, needless to say, pleasantly surprised by his customer service skills. Thanks Jaime.

I'm thinking maybe...a late workout. After all...Kathie Lee and Hoda are working out on their show today.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing the results of the service visit. If you need more help, please feel free to contact me. I work for Comcast. :)

    Mark Casem
    Comcast Corp.
    National Customer Operations
    We_can_help@cable.comcast.com

    ReplyDelete