Sunday, August 21, 2011

Coupon Terry? Sure. And Have I Got A September Deal For You!


You read "Fitness" magazine, right? Well, I do and this month, I received an unexpected bonus from doing so. I've always been one of those people that clips coupons, then leaves them at home. Or worse, I wait absentmindedly for them to expire. Yesterday, I was glancing at my September issue of "Fitness" Magazine, the one with Olivia and Hannah. You know them. They were the sisters who won first and second place in the most recent "Biggest Loser" television season. Yes, I watch. I secretly dream of being one of the trainers. Ha ha. Honestly, could you see me on the show? I just know I'd be just like Jillian, challenging them like some kind of drill sergeant. "Give me twenty push ups! You call that a push up? Get off your knees and give me a real push up! You want to be fit, you have to want it! You have to work for it!"
Anyway, there I was reading the articles and I saw it...right there on pages 86 and 87, over $15 in savings on the products I buy. I pulled out the scissors and clipped away. I put them in my wallet just in case. Then, you know what? I forgot about them.

This morning, I used up the last of my whey protein powder. I was also out of raspberries, strawberries, hummus, bananas. Ever have one of the days when it seems you are out of everything you love? Today was that day. I didn't really feel like driving all the way over to Walmart to pick up Jillian's whey powder, so I just popped over to Target. I figured I'd find everything but the powder I usually buy. I was right. No Jillian whey protein, but they did have the pure protein whey powder in the 2lb size in chocolate flavor. Mmmm...chocolate. What the heck. I love chocolate. I picked it up along with my other purchases and headed to the cashier. Guess what? When I reached for my debt card, the coupons caught my eye. The first one in the stack wasn't just any coupon. It was a coupon for $4.00 off pure protein whey powder. Oh yeah! I was so excited, I nearly did a happy dance.
When I came home, I decided to see how much I had really saved by using the coupon.

The normal price for the 2lb pure protein whey powder is $21.47 if you get it on Amazon.com (plus shipping and handling), and the 1lb runs about $11.00. At Target, the 2lb tub was originally $17.89 (already a bargain). That means, after the coupon, I paid only $13.89 for the 2lb size and its huge! Think about it. That's less than $3.00 more than the 1lb size and I still get twice as much.
These coupons are also available in the September issue (same pages):

Pure Protein 23g shake 4 pack save $3.00
Pure Protein Protein Gelatin Snack save $3.00
Pure Protein Jillian's Whey Protein save $2.00
Pure Protein 78g bar save $1.50
Pure Protein 35g shake save $1.00
Pure Protein 50g bar save 75 cents

The coupons are good now, but they all expire on 31 October, so don't wait.

These are challenging times financially and I realize choosing products that help us maintain our healthy, fit lifestyle are not cheap. That's why it is so important to share great deals with those you care about. If we do, we all benefit from a healthier, happier world...
You know what? I still feel like dancing.

No comments:

Post a Comment