Friday, August 12, 2011

When Was The Last Time You Pampered Yourself?


Before you ask, no...this is not a photo of me. For one, I am not a blond. Two, I forgot to ask the lady doing my facial to take a photo of me laying on the table. She was Korean and unfortunately there was a bit of a language barrier. Still, she did fine. For a while I felt like I was back in Waegwan, South Korea. That's where I was stationed in 1989-1990. I got a lot of facials in Korea (lots of time in the field getting dirty).
I miss the facials I used to have done back in Sierra Vista, Arizona. Wilma was not only my all around spa professional (hair, hands, feet, facials, massages, etc), she was a friend...and I hate to admit it, a pretty good Psychiatrist to boot. She was there for me on my first "single" tour there and again when I returned with my family. During the second tour, my husband was deployed for around 17 months of our three year assignment and I was dealing with a lot emotionally. Wilma was a better listener than anyone I knew and her advice was always sound. If you ever find yourself in Sierra Vista, Arizona (hey, it could happen), go see Wilma. Tell her I sent you. You won't regret it. I keep trying to work a trip in with my husband, just so I go see her again. Yes, she's just that good.
BTW...after a facial, expect some splotchiness. Its a bit dramatic, but it fades with time.
http://www.visageeuropeandayspa.com/home
After my facial, I went over to get my hair done. I wasn't sure what I wanted to do. I've been going to see a family friend for a long while now and I was used to her knowing what I needed, you know? I was nervous and uncomfortable meeting a new hairstylist. Still, I had no choice. My friend moved (military) and it was going to be a somewhat difficult task to see her for my regular appointments with over 300 miles between us. To make matters worse, she also did our youngest son's hair. Sometimes, I really don't like change. Anyway, I shook hands with the new hairstylist and she directed me to her station. She was extremely nice and easy to talk too. She asked all the right questions and made a few suggestions. In the end, it all worked out. I walked out looking younger (which is always nice), and I may have even gained a new blog follower (which is also nice). My only suggestion for the salon would be to ask the receptionist to smile more. She was very sweet, but she looked incredibly bored.
http://www.kingsandqueenssalonspa.com/
If I had to choose a place with the best front desk greeting, it would probably be Statements. http://www.statementsthesalon.com/ Mmmm...I wonder what Aaron is up to lately. He's the hairstylist who helped me with my donation to locks of love back in 2006. I was about 15 lbs heavier then.


I hear he's lost weight. Hey, Aaron, I lost weight too...and you should see my new guns. :)
You know, I will always miss my friend who moved away, but I'm sure glad there are folks nearby that can make me feel young and pampered. When was the last time you pampered yourself?





No comments:

Post a Comment