Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Now, That's What I Call Medicine

Yesterday, we took a recovery day. My husband thought it would be nice to go over to Wegman's for lunch. We love the seafood bar. The food is so good, I count it as a date. The special of the day was Red Snapper with salad. Trust me when I say the photo doesn't do it justice. Later, because of our filling lunch, we had a light snack dinner...Francis Coppola Cabernet, with President brie, Sabra roasted red pepper hummus and Triscuit whole grain wheat Parmesan Garlic crackers...a couch picnic...romantic... Then, we had dessert...Sugar Free 60 calorie Dark Chocolate Jello Pudding. Mmmm...




I was back on the treadmill this morning. I would have gone for a walk outside on this beautiful day, but I need to be home. It's maid day. I had time to get in a good workout before they got here. I did fifty push ups, one hundred sit ups, one hundred butt lifts, three hundred five pound weight repetitions (three different lifts), and one hundred varied medicine ball lifts. I am limited to what I can do with the medicine ball because of my knee issues, but I do what I can.
Perhaps, you can do more...

http://www.performbetter.com/wcsstore/PerformBetter/catalog/assets/Excercisesheets/PDF/MedBall%20Handout.pdf

Last year, all I really did was walk. I lost weight, but it wasn't long before I found that I really wanted to tighten and tone something other than my legs. For one, I wanted strong, sexy arms. That's where the low weight, high repetition arm exercises came in. I am extremely pleased with the results. One thing about exercise...if you see results, you are more likely to do the work. :) So, make good choices...and see results. Better go. I need to pick up a bit before they get here.

No comments:

Post a Comment