Sunday, July 31, 2011

A Day At Busch Gardens, Williamsburg


We spent the night in Williamsburg. The morning began with breakfast at Mama Steve's Pancake house. I had the multi grain pancakes with my usual decaf coffee. You would not believe the number of pancake houses there are in Williamsburg. We must have passed a dozen.
We were at the park soon after it opened. It was raining off and on but no one cared. We were there to spend time with friends, ride roller coasters, and visit Europe. Well, as close as we could get while still in Virginia. We had lunch at the German Festhaus. There weren't a lot of healthy choices, but I had the carved turkey sandwich (wheat bread). It was way too big. I just took out the turkey and ate it. I probably didn't drink enough water today, but I did manage to walk nearly seven miles. Combined with Saturday's walking, I did 7.6 miles total.
It was pretty late when we left the park. We never had dinner, and the traffic was murder. But what the heck. We had a great time, and my husband got us home in time for me to watch the newest episode of "True blood". You know what? Life is good.
Well, its been a long day. I'll keep this one short. Tomorrow, I get back on track. Would you believe I am excited to get back in the gym for a serious workout? Then again, maybe I'll do something different seeing as tomorrow is such a big day. Tomorrow, I should go over 800 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment