Thursday, July 21, 2011

Back On Track After The Visit

  Its just us and the kids now.  Well, they aren't really kids.  They are all grown up now...which is wonderful because they really don't need supervision.  I can get back on track with my workout routine.
  So, today when my husband left for work, I went down to the gym.  No walking outside today.  Its way too humid.  Besides, I wanted the challenge and intensity of the incline.  I did my 5 miles up to about a 10 incline at a 14 minute pace.  I was bookin'.  And afterwards, I was completely drenched.  I did 50 push ups, 100 sit ups, 100 butt lifts, and 350 weight repetitions with small 5lb dumb bells and then with the 6lb medicine ball.  I am really noticing the definition in my arms.
  When I came back upstairs, my Stepdaughter was watching television.  She asked if I had a good workout, so I threw my sloppy wet shirt at her, and asked "What do you think?"  You should have seen her face.  It was hilarious.  : )
  Later I took our youngest to a dentist follow up appointment.  It took longer to fill out the paperwork than it did for the appointment.  When we walked out, I had him call the others.  "Hey, meet us at Target and we'll go over and have lunch at Panera bread".  No argument there.  Seems they love the Strawberry Poppy seed Chicken Salad as much as I do.  It was worried about leaving the purchases from Target in the car.  I had bought roasted red pepper hummus (my husband's favorite) so I asked the kids if we could get it to go.  Luckily, I still had the cooler bag in the car from Batman's AKA Connor's leftover birthday cake (our niece and nephew's little boy).  I am glad he wanted it.  It was a Wegman's cake.  In other words, pretty tempting even to the most dedicated fitness buff.  I think he just wanted the yummy frosting.  When we were the taking photos, he secretly dug a hole in the side of the cake just to get to the frosting.  I'd like to say a special thank you to the bakery folks at Wegman's.  The Batman cake wasn't even in the cake book.  They searched in the back room and found the stuff to put on the cake, then colored it the white cake blue, and added blue, yellow, and black frosting balloons.  It was a big hit.

Batman's 6th birthday party (notice the pull up bar in the background...I think almost everyone gave it a try)

   Anyway, having that cooler bag in the car helped me feel a lot less anxious.  Its at least 100 degrees outside today.  Well, once we had our lunch to go, we headed straight home to the comfy couches and air conditioning.  I was surprised when we got there.  My husband was home early.  I shared my salad with him.  Now, if you know me, you know that's love.  : )
  

No comments:

Post a Comment