Sunday, July 17, 2011

The Organizer

  The relatives are coming today and boy have we been busy.  Together we loaded up with groceries.  My husband and our youngest mowed the lawn.  And just to ease my tendencies toward an obsessive compulsive disorder, I invaded man land.  I reorganized my husband's work bench.  Okay, I'll admit I had no clue as to what went where, but still, he was thrilled that I played happy homemaker in the garage.  Now, when I park the car, I won't cringe at the mess.  I won't frighten you with the before photos.  You'll thank me later.
: )  I didn't really work out today, but I'm sure I've lost a pound or two in sweat alone (without even trying).
   Today is a banner day.  Today, I am on the last page of my little black book, the one that I use to log what I eat, drink, and how much exercise I get.  Tomorrow, I begin a new book.  These books have really worked in my efforts to stay on track.  For instance, its now 1435hrs and I know I've had four glasses of water, one cup of decaf coffee, a protein smoothie with fruit, Greek yogurt with granola, and an apple.  I began my first book on April 1st, 2010 and ended it on December 31, 2010.  I began the second book January 1st 2011 and it has taken me to today (not as many pages I guess).  I have written in them every day much like a diary.  And yes, along with the positive things, there are moments of naughtiness like the occasional  piece if pie or the ice cream cone.  After all, I'm no angel.  The point is its all there in black and white.  With the book, I can look back and see it anytime.  From that, I can adjust fire.
  Well, I'd better go.  My husband is knocking on the window.  Guess I'd better get back to work.  Have a healthy day today and please make good choices.  

No comments:

Post a Comment