Friday, July 22, 2011

You Meet The Nicest People At Music Stores

    Our youngest is studying guitar.  So, for a half hour every week, I drive over to the local music store.  Most often, I just sit there quietly scanning through old magazines while I wait patiently.  But yesterday was different.  I wasn't the only "mom" waiting for her beloved son.
   There was rock and roll music seeping from one of the supposed soundproof booths.  She looked up at me and said, "That would be my son."  I smiled, "he's good."  
   She told me about his ongoing battle with Lyme and how music had literally saved him.  We started chatting about my medical issues, how much working out was helping, and eventually my blog journey.  We discovered that we were the same age.  But time passed too quickly.
   Before long, our boys were done with their lesson.  I found myself wishing we had more time to talk.  It was nice to have someone to chat with while I waited.  I hope my new friend is there the next time.  You meet the nicest people at music stores.

No comments:

Post a Comment