Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Difficult, But Not Impossible


 When we set out to change the bedroom from "Hot Wheels" bordered little boy's room to a multipurpose High School Dude's office/guest bedroom, it seemed an all but impossible task.  But, with the garment steamer, the border came off with little difficulty.  We managed to get in a quick four mile walk before we began the painting yesterday.  Even with the bright red halfway up the walls, if took less coats of paint than we expected.
   Once the painting was done (or so I thought), I was  anxiously waiting for it to dry.  After all, we still had to decorate.
   But then my husband surprised me with another can of paint.  "We still need to do the edging, the door frames, and the window."  UGH!  I'll admit, by this time, I was completely exhausted.  I had lost all motivation to paint.  I seriously contemplated flirting my way into getting him to finish the job.  But I knew that wouldn't be right.  While I had been priming the walls in the air conditioned house, he was outside in 90+ degree temps stripping the deck.  I just couldn't do that to him.  So, together, we finished the painting.  In the end, it turned out fantastic.  We stayed up late, ordered Chinese take out (which I may regret later), put together furniture and moved it all in.
  Today, after a five mile walk and fifty push ups, I decorated.  I didn't dare do more after all the stress to my back and knees yesterday.  Anyway, the room has now transitioned from Middle School to High School.   : )  
The only casualty was the lone goldfish that was living there in a ten gallon tank.
It wasn't me.

No comments:

Post a Comment