Monday, July 25, 2011

Oh Yeah...Momma's Got Guns Now

As of Today
Total Miles Walked- 770
Weight Reps - 38,770 (this morning, I did 350 reps of 5lb weights and 6lb "Empower" medicine ball)
Situps - 10,150
Push ups - 4000
Butt Lifts - 5500


Last night, we made tacos and fajitas. I still had a ton of laundry to do from our weekend camping trip, so the boys did the shopping. I made a very specific list. I know they tried their best, but in the end I made another quick trip to the store. I know the way I reacted they were probably wondering if I was "on my period", but the truth is I am determined to stay on track. When fajita wraps can range from 70 to 160 calories, I choose the ones that are healthier. Don't expect me to just accept the ones I shouldn't eat when I know there are better choices out there in grocery land. So, when I went back to the store, I found these. They are 71 calories, with 8 grams of protein, 12 grams of fiber, and best of all they taste great. I loaded my fajitas with chicken, peppers, tomatoes, sliced avocado, and salsa. Then, I had black beans on the side. Yum.


This morning, when I got up, I had the most horrible cramps. Mmmm...maybe I was snippier than usual last night. Oh well. Anyway, I was doing a bit of whining so my husband says, "Why don't you take something (like Pamprin)?" In the past, I would've headed right upstairs and given in to the pills, but now I try to stay as un-medicated as possible. My response? "I think I'll be fine after I work out". Who is this woman?
I went down and hit the treadmill. I'm not going outside today. Its way too hot and humid lately. Its not that I'm a wuss. Its just that I can get more out of my workout if I stay indoors. And I can incline. Besides, I missed a lot of the news while we were gone. I needed to catch up. Can't do that walking outside.
I did my 5 miles, then 50 push ups (5 sets of 10 Army Style push ups AKA not on my knees), 100 sit ups, 100 butt lifts, and 350 small weight repetitions (3 sets of 100 different 5lb repetitions and 100 of the 6lb Empower weighted ball I bought at Target). Target has great workout equipment (and exercise DVDs). I bought my exercise mat there. I love that I never get rug burns from sit ups anymore.
After my workout, I was a sweaty mess. Oh, I forgot. Ladies don't sweat. Okay, I was glowing all over the place. I came upstairs to find our youngest laying on the couch watching television. I handed him the camera and said, "Here, take my picture. I need a photo for the blog. More photos of me working out means less embarrassing photos of you." Hey, that was easy. You know...I don't think he minds really. I think he's secretly proud to have a mom with guns.

No comments:

Post a Comment