Thursday, July 14, 2011

Breathe, Just Breathe

  I got this morning and took a lovely walk outside.  It was cool and damp.  Cool and damp are not a good thing when you have arthritis, but I hung in there for four plus miles.  Then I came in and did one more on the treadmill at a steep incline.  I could have gone further but, to be completely honest, I was getting bored walking inside.  I feel like I've been indoors way too much lately.  I've been avoiding the heat.  So, in the interest of time, I knocked out fifty push ups pretty quick, then three hundred and fifty weight repetitions.
  I had lots to do today.  I was going to set up the digital cable adapters in four rooms.  I managed to get three on line, but the fourth presented a challenge.  At first, I thought it was the new television, but I soon discovered it was the DTA adapter.  I say "soon", but really I didn't figure this out until I had spent a good two hours on line chat troubleshooting with the extremely patient VIZIO folks.  So, once we figured out it wasn't the television, I unplugged the DTA device and took a deep breath.  Time to deal with COMCAST.  I tried to call, but all I got was automated people.  I tried to get someone online, but it was hopeless.  Now, I guess I need to pay another visit the COMCAST office.  Most likely, they will give me another device to try.  Cable companies...Ugh!
  Its getting late, so I'd better head over there.  I will do my utmost to suppress my battle instincts and maintain control of my anxieties.  I'll just look at the bright side.  I did get three tvs working and the new VIZIO television for our bedroom looks great.  Now, it would significantly look better if I get all the channels to work.  Wish me luck?

An Update:
 I stood in a line at the cable company office that went clear back to the entrance.   I guess it took 20 minutes or so for me to reach a customer service representatives.  The one who waited on me was very nice.  I had decided beforehand just to turn in the fourth box and have her delete it from the bill.  I could always go back another time if we decided to try again.  She kindly reminded me that I needed to get my husband to add me to the account.  It seems, unless you are the primary customer, you cannot make any changes.  Yesterday, the lady behind the desk was nice enough to stretch the rules and allow me to get the DTA boxes using my Military Family Member ID (because it has my husband's name on it).  Anyway, just wanted to let you know there was minimal stress even with the long line.  Hard to believe huh?  All that worry for nothing.  : )  

No comments:

Post a Comment