Friday, July 8, 2011

Music To My Ears

  My husband let me sleep in this morning, but still I found myself up and about before he left for work.  After all, I had to get in my work out.  Initially, I thought I might walk outside.  But when I opened the front door, the humidity enveloped me.  No point being uncomfortable, right?  I filled a glass with water and headed downstairs.  Usually on Fridays, I like to do something different.  Maybe I'd pop in an exercise DVD or just do a few extra push ups or weight repetitions, last chance workout before my weekend recovery time.    This morning, I lacked motivation.  I didn't even raise the incline on the treadmill as high as I usually do.  After my usual routine of exercises, I came upstairs and woke our son.  While he was working on merit badge requirements in preparation for his upcoming camp, I clipped on my pedometer and ran errands.  Amazingly, I managed to accumulate another 2 miles just walking around bringing me to a total of 7 miles for the day.  Not too shabby for a day I really wasn't in the mood to work out.    
   Anyway, nothing seemed to shake the feeling.  Not the radio in the car, not even the shopping.  Then I came home.  When I walked in the door, I noticed our son was upstairs practicing on the guitar he bought with his savings.  Yesterday was his first official lesson.  After a few minutes of listening, I noticed something odd.  I hadn't asked him to put on the his headphones.  Whatever he was playing, it was calming, uplifting.  I actually began to feel better.  I sure am glad he didn't buy drums.  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment