Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Old Goats, Crabs, And The Boys Of Summer

 Yesterday, we spent the morning walking around Annapolis, Maryland.  We had lunch at an amazing little place right off the water called the Market House.  I had a crab spinach wrap with lettuce and tomato.  I will definitely go back.  If you ever find yourself wandering around Annapolis, check this place out.  They not only have crab, but an array of mouth watering sandwiches that are sure to please everyone.  
 After wondering around Annapolis with really no purpose but to see the place, we stopped in to check out the Naval Academy.  It was hot and humid, not the best day for walking around, but we were doing what I love.  We were walking.  After a couple of miles, we stopped at the Naval Academy gift store to get bottled water.  I would have loved to have bought something, but well...it all said Navy.  I mean, what was up with that?  What's an "Army" girl to do?  I guess I'll buy something when we go to West Point.
  That evening, we went to Catonsville to visit more family.  There, we made new friends, had a few drinks, swam in their pool, and ate something I hadn't had since I was a kid back in Portsmouth (Virginia)...steamed crabs with Old Bay seasoning.  Yum.  The kids had never had crab before.  It was a hit!  Hard to say no when all those Marylanders, young and old, are putting the critters away one after the other.  Who knows?  Maybe they'll try more seafood now.
 
I think these two ate more than anyone.  : )
Papelbon 
  The evening was definitely a success.  The only downside was, while we were eating crabs, the mosquitoes were eating us.  Oh well, that's what Benadryl itch cream is for, right?  By the time we got back home (Back in Northern Virginia), we were all exhausted, and we had to get up in the morning to go to the Red Sox-Orioles game back at Camden Yards.  I knew I wouldn't have time for a good workout before we left, so I put my pedometer on.  I figured I log at least a couple of miles.  And I did.  I managed to get 2.875 more in.  The long walk from the parking lot...the heat...the humidity?  It was all absolutely worth it.
  One thing I love about going to a Red Sox game at Camden yards...lots of fans dressed just like the Hurley's.  Oh, and BTW...the Red Sox won!  After that, we didn't even mind the long drive home.  Our relatives?  Unfortunately, they had to drive back to Massachusetts tonight.  I wish we had more time.  Then again, I always do.  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment