Saturday, July 16, 2011

The Calm Before The Storm

  Its been so dreadfully quiet these past few days.  Our youngest has been at scout camp all week and my husband has been away since before dawn on Wednesday for work and our eldest boy's graduation from ROTC Basic Camp.  I really really wanted to go to the graduation, but unfortunately parents have to sometimes split up to accomplish everything on the agenda.  Our youngest gets home at noon today and I need to be there to pick him up.
  My body clock woke me at 0630hrs again.  Okay, someone please tell me.  How do I change the settings on a body clock?  It's been so quiet in the house.  Honestly, if it weren't for the cat, I'd probably go crazy.  Normally, I would just stick to my routine, but since its a Saturday, my routine has been thrown off.  You see, I'm not used to being all alone on the weekend.
  So, I decided to break up the day, I would pretend it was a weekday.  I got in my workout clothes and headed downstairs.  I turned on the television and watched the news while I walked on the treadmill.  Did you know that on weekends they repeat all the news from the previous week?  Boring!  So I made a game of it.  Whenever I heard a segment I had heard before, I upped the incline.  Well, in the end, I had burned over 600 calories.  Cool!  I did my normal weekday workout...5 mile walk, 50 push ups, 100 sit ups, 100 butt lifts, and 300 weight repetitions, then came upstairs.  Ugh.  Now, it was only 0900hrs.  Shower...0930hrs.  Okay...I decided to just have my protein smoothie drink early today.  I couldn't drink anymore water.  I had already had four glasses.
  I went on Facebook.  I checked my email.  By now, it was 1000hrs.  Maybe I would just go ahead and blog.  I mean, I did workout.  So, here it is..too early to pick up my kid.  The dishes are put away, the laundry is in the dryer, and still I have all this energy.  Where did this energy come from?  I should be exhausted.  I worked out really hard today.  
  At noon, my youngest comes home.  This evening, my husband comes home.  Tomorrow, the relatives visit for a few days.  Monday, our two college students come home.  I am tired of all this calm.  I can't wait to fill our home with love and laughter.  You know what?  Maybe I'm one of those people who likes storms.  

No comments:

Post a Comment