Sunday, May 29, 2011

Thats Alright, Thats Okay, I'm Gonna Work Out Anyway!

   Sometimes, motivation to work out can come from the strangest places.  When I got up this morning, I hadn't intended to work out.  Its Sunday.  I thought about going to Church, but the boys are still on their White Water Rafting trip, and I really didn't want to go alone.  So, I got up, fed the cat, made a cup of coffee, and turned on the television.  I was flipping channels when I came across one of those "Bring it on" movies.  I've seen them all several times but, I'll admit when they are on, I can't seem to change the channel.
   I was never a cheerleader.  I never really wanted to try out.  I have never been what you call competitive.  To be a cheerleader, you need that competitive edge.  Me?  I was more of the moody artistic drama queen in high school.  My best friend in high school was a cheerleader.  To this day, she is one of the most beautiful women I have ever known.  I have always envied the girls who cheered, not because of their beauty, but because in my opinion, they are physically strong, highly motivated, and extremely determined individuals.
   So, this morning, after just a few minutes of watching "Bring it on" or "Bring it on again",  (whichever one it was) I decided to get out of my lazy day tank and boxers, put on my work out clothes, and hit the treadmill for a five mile walk.  You know what?  You are never too old for a little unbridled enthusiasm.  As I watched the remainder of the movie from our treadmill, I felt well...cheer-tastic.  
      

No comments:

Post a Comment