Saturday, May 7, 2011

Kentucky Derby Party

2010 Ladies

   This is a photo from last year's Kentucky Derby Party.  This afternoon, we will head out to this year's party.  This time last year, I had just begun my workout regimen.  Prior to April, I couldn't walk outside.   The gym where I worked out closed up because of the poor economy, we had no treadmill, and that winter, I couldn't walk outside.  We had a lot of snow.  I had gotten my first pair of shape ups for Christmas 2009, but could not effectively wear them until the last snow melted.  I really had no legitimate work out plan this time last year.   
   Still, I knew I had to do something.  I needed to make a change.  I had just gotten over a short illness where, unable to eat solid foods, I lost some weight.  This was my motivator, I guess.  I was tired of catching every illness that I encountered, tired of spending hours and hours in doctors offices, tired of worrying whether or not the slightest movement (like a sneeze) would throw my back out.  I needed to stop feeling sick and tired all the time.  
   I began with a commitment to eating a healthier diet.  According to my previous log book, my weight at the time of this photo was only a few more pounds than it is today.  Looking at it, I really didn't look that bad.  I definitely had less muscle.  Its been a good year, thats for sure.  And I am just beginning.  I am on my second pair of shape ups, I average five miles a day walking, and well, the whole family has gotten into this health and fitness routine.  I am so proud of them.  I am proud of all my readers.  We are doing this together.    
   I can't wait for the party today.  I must admit, I am being naughty today.  I am bringing a trifle dessert.  Its a mixture of chocolate pudding, pound cake, whipped cream, and Health (or Skor) bars.  I know...decadent.  I never eat it, but I love to create trifle.  Speaking of that, I've just been reminded that its time to do just that.  I'd post a picture, but that would just be cruel.  I know how hard you all are working to get healthy.            
I will post a photo of this year's ladies at a later date.  Have a great Mother's day weekend.  : )

2011 Kentucky Derby Party

No comments:

Post a Comment