Monday, May 23, 2011

I Have Been Doing It For Years


   Raise your hand if you have ever bought something because you saw it on television.  My hand is raised.  I've have been doing it for years.  The first thing I ever bought because I saw it on television was a huge white family bible, and thats before I had a family of my own.  I got on the phone and ordered it.  I'll admit, I was nervous that first time, but I was a virgin when it came to buying from television.  I bought my Juice man Juicer and my Suzanne Somers' "thigh-master" from television infomercials.  I was unrelentingly teased by all my peers for the thigh-master purchase, but I used that Juice man for more than a decade.  My "Shake weight" was seen on TV, as was our son's Criss Angel Magic Kit.  Last Christmas, we bought him one of those gravity defying balls after he saw it on TV.    
   So, today, after my rather intense workout (my back is feeling considerably better), I popped in the "As Seen On TV" store in the mall just to see what was new.  I haven't been watching much television lately.  I thought I might have missed something.  I walked around a bit, listening to the commercials on the mini televisions that were strategically placed in the store.  There is literally something for everyone in this store.  At 11am on a Monday, it was really quiet.  I was the only customer.  The young salesman asked me more than once if he could help.  I think he was bored.  I smiled and asked if I could take a couple of photos.  He said he didn't have a problem, but I should still ask his boss.  I told his boss what I was planning with the blog.  He thought it was a wonderful idea.  I had already picked up a couple of items to purchase by then.  
   I picked two things I knew would work and one I really just wanted to try.  I wanted to try the "heel-tastic" intensive heel therapy.  Even with all the water I drink, the heels of my feet tend to become dry and cracked especially in the warmer months.  It looks pretty easy to use.  I'll let you know if it works.  If it does, it will save me a fortune in lotions.    
   I also bought some green bags for our bananas.  I have used them before and they really help the bananas last longer, keep from browning.  Its scientific, I'm told.  I don't know much about the science.  I just know they work.  And well, I am tired of throwing bananas out before their time.  Lately, we have been buying a lot of bananas.  I have one in my smoothie every day and my husband likes to take them to work.  Even our youngest likes to grab a banana after school now and then.  Just remember, if you buy them, tell your significant other these bags are unique.  I didn't.  My husband unknowingly ripped the first one open and I kind of lost it.  "Didn't you think that it was unusual to have the bananas in these special green bags?", I asked.   I mean, I don't usually have bananas in bags at all.  Ugh...  Anyway, "Green Bags" aren't cheap, but if you take care of them (and try not to rip them open), they will last practically forever.  
Lastly, I bought a little gadget that I just had to have called a "Shake 'N Take".  It's a sports bottle blender for my daily smoothies and protein drinks.  You won't always have a blender handy.  Its not practical.  I learned that while on vacation in California.  I can take the Shake 'N Take on day trips or when we are away from home for extended periods.  Its compact and easy to clean.  Well, you get the idea.  So, if you ever find yourself at the mall, drop in to the "As Seen On TV" store.  You may find something you saw on television and really wanted, but either you weren't sure, you wanted to see it first, or maybe you just weren't willing to shell out that extra postage and handling payment for it.  My guess is, they will have it in the store.  Take your time.  Look around.  Its not always a gimmick.  I know.  After all, I have been buying "As Seen On TV", for years.  

No comments:

Post a Comment