Tuesday, May 3, 2011

How Much Water Do You Actually Need?


   I confess.  I drink a lot of water.  When I get up in the morning, I drink a glass when I take my vitamins.  After that glass is empty, I am quick to fill another.  That way, it is right there.  Its easily accessible.  So, after my coffee is gone, I drink that second glass of water in lieu of going for a second cup of coffee.  After I work out, I fill another glass.  I drink water throughout the day.  I may have a cup of tea or a glass of wine in the evening, but when I head up to bed, I take a glass of water with me.  In looking at my little log book, where I record what I eat, drink, and what I do for exercise, I figure I drink on average...eight full 12 ounce glasses a day.  That doesn't include my fruit smoothies, coffee, or hot tea.  It seems like a lot, but is it?  And why is water so important?  http://nutrition.about.com/od/hydrationwater/a/waterarticle.htm

   Okay, I get it.  Water is important especially for us highly motivated individuals who have begun fitness journeys, but honestly, how much water do we actually need?  Well, its an individual thing.  Try this link to figure out your personal water needs.  http://nutrition.about.com/library/blwatercalculator.htm  
By my calculations, I am drinking enough water for my weight.  Heck, I may be drinking too much.  But, then again, I am working out about 90 minutes a day.  Try the test.  The results may surprise you.  I can't wait to try this test on my husband.  I am always telling him he needs to drink more water.  Anyway, I'm going to keep this short today.  All this talk of water makes me have to pee.  


   


  

No comments:

Post a Comment