Monday, April 18, 2011

Walking In The Rain

   Today, we were out and about...walking and exploring...a new adventure in a new place.  The day began early.  I was worried yesterday.  My pedometer wasn't working.  Okay, it wasn't the pedometer's fault.  It seems I was not operating is properly.  In the Army, we used to call that "operator head space".  Anyway, I had it fixed onto my beltloop instead of my belt.  I walked and walked...it barely moved. 
  So, this morning I did some experimental walking to and fro until I figured out where on my hip it had to be.  Seems all I needed was a belt.  Go figure.  Its not like I really needed a belt.  Trust me, these pants are pretty snug all by their lonesome.  Once out the door, I discovered that it was okay to step away from my usual smoothies (no blender handy) and try one at a local establishment.  No berries, but hey... no worries...right?  Later in the day, I found a place that sold protein berry smoothies.  Sweet, but tasty.
   We walked everywhere...as you can see from the additional 8 miles I've added...from Sunday night and Monday.  We did a lot of touristy things today.  We took a lot of pictures.  Well, our youngest did.  I couldn't see without my readers.  I really need a better camera...one with a giant screen in the back.  Otherwise, he is going to always be our family photographer.  That would be a shame as I do love to take photos.  Off and on, it poured down rain, but I think all would agree it was a good day.  And since we all walked together, exercise was a family event...a bonus. 
   When we had tired of our soggy selves (we weren't tired of walking), we came back home...time for a glass of wine.  We made new friends today...friends from one of the few parts of the world we have let to explore.  Our conversation soon lead to family, mutual experiences, and well...this blog.  Being healthy and fit applies to everyone no matter where you hail from.  I hope my new Canadian friends will enjoy this blog and spread the word.  We can all walk together...and share our experiences.  Now, we are off to dinner.  I hope I can make good choices.

No comments:

Post a Comment