Saturday, April 23, 2011

Northern Exposure

    I wanted to get this in early.  I won't have the opportunity to blog once we get moving unless I want to try to do it on my husband's Droid.  I don't think even my readers are strong enough for that one (Maybe a visit to the eye doctor is in order) and besides, my fingers can never get those touch screens to work. 
   Today is the final day of our little adventure.  After trying to snack relatively healthy yesterday, we are going to have a nice breakfast today (I'm thinking veggie omelet).   Then we will explore the Northern side of the mountain. 
   I have no idea what I am going to wear.  I am completely out of clean clothes except for one pair of jeans and a couple of sleeveless shirts I had planned on using for working out.  My rule, remember?  No doing laundry for the week. 
   Right now, I feel like the worst contestant on "The Biggest Loser" because I haven't been to the gym once all week.  The guilt piles up...My husband and I finished off a bottle of Clos Du Bois last night celebrating our anniversary.  I had shrimp and pasta for dinner.  The shrimp was healthy.  I guess the pasta was okay.  It was a small portion like you always see in really good restaurants.  Nothing like going to Olive Garden or Carrabas.  And before the meal, they had those long tall crunchy breadsticks.  Honestly, how bad could they be?  Okay...I admit it.  I was naughty.  I completed my meal with a positively decadent dark chocolate dessert.  There was some fruit.  : )
   All in all, this week, I did walk at least a mile beyond my usual treadmill walk even without the gym.  Today, I will wear the pedometer again as I am sure we will log additional miles.  Sometimes in this life, you have to go off road, and just enjoy unknown trails, right?  And well...tomorrow is a new day.  I know I will easily get back on track once I am on back to my routine.   Well, better go.  Time to get some "Northern Exposure".     

No comments:

Post a Comment