Tuesday, April 12, 2011

A Special Thank You


    Yesterday, I struggled through my workout because of an injury.  No doubt about it, I was hurting.  It seemed to take forever, but in the end, I did manage to complete everything I set out to do.  As I said, it was a battle between old pain and new attitude.  For the remainder of the day, I chilled out.  I did a little laundry.  I swept and mopped the kitchen.  I watched a movie on demand.  I cried a bit.  Not because of pain.  I was watching "Leap Year".  I always cry at the end.  Its so romantic, I can't help it.  Well, then I had to deal with my stupid puffy eyes.  Ugh.  
   When our son came home, there was a Fedex package waiting by the door.  Did I mention I won a contest?  Cool huh?  Through Exercise TV's Facebook site, I was one of five winners to receive a selection of workout DVDs.  They also sent a very neat towel with their logo on it.  The package included a wonderful  selection of the newest DVDs on the market now.  I'll try them out over the next few weeks and let you know what I think.  Also, (as I said in a previous blog) if I find something I won't use, I will share with a neighbor that won't let it gather dust..  So, many thanks to my friends at "Exercise TV".  Hey, if I ever win any more contests, please send an E-TV t-shirt or tank top.  I would definitely wear it.  I love you guys.    

http://www.exercisetv.tv/store/c-291-whats-new.aspx?cid=exercisetv_110103:GOOGLE:Text&gclid=COLf-9aLl6gCFUvd4Aod6Fq8DA

   This morning, when I got up, I still felt a bit of a twinge in my lower left side.  And for some reason, the bedroom was really warm.  I threw on some champion shorts I had in the closet from last summer.  I really need to pick up some more work out shorts.  I have three.  I already do way too much laundry.  Maybe a couple more... Sometimes they are hard to buy.  I am not one to feel comfortable in something that shows too much of my assets (if you know what I mean).  : 0
    Immediately, I noticed that walking down the stairs was easier than yesterday.  Yes, it still hurt, but significantly less.  I am always amazed at how quickly I recover from injury now that I am more healthy, more fit.  I can remember, not too long ago, when it would take me a week or more to recover.  And back then, I needed strong prescription medications.  But now things are different.  Now, I am more educated.  I know what is takes to be healthy and fit.  I know how to deal with my own personal, physical potholes in the road.  I know what to do.  I just need to stick to it.  Being a woman of a certain age doesn't mean I have to accept becoming a statistic.  I am not that woman.  I am the woman who says "I can" and "I will".
   Anyway, I went down to the gym.  With hope, I set the treadmill at my usual 15 minute mile pace.  I sweat like crazy, but I completed my 5 miles.  I then continued with the usual suspects...weights, push-ups...I saved the sit ups and butt lifts for last.  They were really a challenge yesterday.  I was worried they might be the same this morning. I was careful and I did fine.  Potholes averted.
   Its raining outside.  But you know what?  I know the rain will wash away the pollen and bring brilliant green grass.  Its all about how you look at things.  Have a healthy day today.  : )

No comments:

Post a Comment