Thursday, April 28, 2011

I Finally Had My Hair Done


  Yesterday was a busy day.  I worked out, packed up a bunch of stuff for donation (seen in photo), then ran a few errands.  It rained like crazy, but stopped just prior to when the boys went off to scouts.  Once they were gone, I finally sat down.  American Idol was on.  Do you have a favorite?  I love to watch, but I miss the days when my stepdaughter lived with us.  We watched every week.  We even voted.  It was a bonding experience.  : )
  Just as the show was coming on, I looked out the sun room window and saw something big move in the distance.  I got up, and walked over to investigate.  In our next door neighbor's back yard, there were three beautiful deer.  My first thought was...this is nice...God is making up for scaring the crap out of my me with that rat I saw on my walk the other day.  I approached the window slowly careful to make no sudden movements.  The deer looked up at me.  I thought they would run away.  They usually do when they sense humans.  Instead, they came closer.  At first, only one was brave enough to approach, but the others followed.  I was mesmerized.  They were as curious as I was.  They flickered their ears and every now and then, leaned down to graze in the fresh cut grass.  They weren't frightened of me.  The cat, who was sitting in the sun room at the time, saw them too.  She froze in place and watched them come closer.  I cannot imagine what was running through her mind.  Maybe she wanted to pounce?   After all, this is the same cat that went after a snake in our home in Arizona.  
   Well, we must have stood there for ten minutes staring at each other, before I went back to my chair to watch television.  I wonder if they could hear the singing in the background.  I guess even deer like the music of Carole King.  Who can blame them?
   This morning, I decided to walk the neighborhood.  Once I hit the main road, I turned left instead of right.  I'll be honest.  I didn't want to chance running into that rat again (or one of his friends).  It was overcast from the previous night's storm and there was a cool breeze.  Perfect walking weather.  Besides, my husband was working from home today and he had appropriated the treadmill...for running.  
   No worries.  I turned on my iPod and moved out.  The wind picked up.  I found myself going into it for most of the way to my turn around point.  There were more hills than had I turned right (the direction with the rat), so that was a bonus.  I like hills.  They push me to excel.  Funny, when I had to run them, I hated hills.  They still hurt my knees, but the stress is less while walking.  Unfortunately, the damp air made my arthritis act up (especially that aggravating crampy pain in my feet).  
   On the way home, I stopped at the local grocery store and picked up a few items.  I bought things like hummus, milk, peppers, bananas, etc.  The bags were at least 5 pounds each.  I did lifting as I walked.  Grocery bags count as weight repetitions if you do it right.  I got quite a work out.  But since it was only about 30-40 repetitions and I didn't actually check the weight, I didn't add to my total weight repetitions for the day.          As I walked, I noticed people were staring at me.  There I was, pumping grocery bags as I walked down the street...And by the way, it was raining now.  So what if I looked crazy.  That rain felt awesome.
   When I came home, I told my husband I still had all my other exercises to do.  "Really, what?"  "Well, for one, I still have 100 push ups to do" (as per Jillian's posted Facebook challenge for the week).  So, he walked around the house with me.  We did 20 push ups in 5 different rooms, rooms that still had carpeting or at least rugs for traction.  Then I continued with my sit ups and butt lifts.  
   When the time came, I went to my appointment with my hairstylist.  So soon?  I didn't tell you.  I had to reschedule my "get beautiful" appointment.  On the day I had planned, the school nurse called as I was parking my car at the salon.  Our youngest was sick.  I needed to come get him.  He felt really bad and not just from being sick.  I told him not to worry.  Everyone gets sick (he never gets sick).  Besides, I was happy the school nurse hadn't called when my hair was full of color treatment.  That could have been very bad.  
   So, today I went back to my favorite salon and my favorite stylist.  My husband approves of my new shorter bob.  I think our son's hair is now officially longer than mine.  : p
         

No comments:

Post a Comment