Sunday, October 30, 2011

One Step At A Time



My friends,
         
                 I am participating in the St. Jude's "Give Thanks. Walk." It takes place in our local mall on Saturday, November 19.  My husband and I have four absolutely wonderful healthy kids that I couldn't be more proud of.  I know there are children out there that face horrible issues every day.  And, its not much, but I hope I can do something to help.  St. Jude Children's Research Hospital does amazing things in research and treatment of pediatric cancer and other catastrophic childhood diseases.  Children come from all over the world to receive treatment.  If their insurance can't cover the cost, they are still treated.  No child is ever denied treatment.  No child is turned away because their family cannot pay.  St. Jude's is a solid foundation, a place of hope and love.  When I walk to raise money for St. Jude's, I walk not only to give thanks for my healthy kids, but to give thanks for those who could be healthier through whatever I am able to raise by walking.  Its only 5K, a short walk for me but, on that day, I walk with defined purpose.  I walk for the children...one step at a time.  If you would like to help me in this endeavor, click on the link above the photo to donate.

                                                                              Thanks so much.
                                                                                           
                                                                                              Terry

No comments:

Post a Comment