Monday, October 10, 2011

Heading In The Right Direction

Today is Columbus Day in America.  How do we celebrate Columbus Day?  Well, our son celebrated by going to school.  Let me tell you, he loved that.  Okay...not really.  But I'm sure his teachers found some way to integrate the reason for the holiday into his studies.  This is the day we officially commemorate when the Italian navigator Christopher Columbus, funded by Queen Isabella of Spain, reached the New World..AKA America.  Personally, I credit the ancestors of the Native Americans with America's discovery.
In the end, we ended up celebrating the usual American way.  We took the day off and we shopped (I bought calcium chews and groceries).  
As soon as our youngest was on the bus, my husband headed out the door.  We walked the neighborhood.  Once we got home, I was headed out the door again...this time in the direction of Target and Shoppers Foods.  By the way, Shoppers has Chobani Greek Yogurt 10 for S10.00.  Get them while they are still available.
http://www.chobani.com/products/c/nonfat
http://www.shoppersfood.com/
I came home, unloaded, and we headed over to the mall..job hunting.  My Stepdaughter just got back from her Peace Corps assignment.  She is wasting no time looking for a job.  I'd say she is headed in the right direction.  Well, according to my pedometer, I did six miles today and we still have more errands to run.  I guess I'm headed in the right direction as well.  Are you?    
 

No comments:

Post a Comment