Friday, October 14, 2011

Bold Curves

It was a solid workout this morning.  I completed my routine with no pain whatsoever.  Five miles walking at an incline.  In the end, I changed it up a bit.  I sped up the pace to about a thirteen minute mile.  I felt like I could fly or at least break into a run.  I really truly wanted to run.  Then I remembered my stupid knees.  Not today.  Friday is no day to be dealing with an injury.  I had the weekend ahead of me.  I had no intention of limping through it.
I was unusually thirsty today.  I had a glass of water with my decaf coffee, I took a glass downstairs to the gym, and I drank two more after my workout.  I am not going to read into it.  I know its probably because I am just working harder than usual.  At the end of my workouts, I am always drenched.
After my fifty push ups, one hundred sit ups, one hundred butt lifts, and three hundred various weight repetitions, I came back upstairs.
My Stepdaughter and I decided to walk the mall a bit, not as exercise, but as therapy.  Even if you don't buy anything at all, sometimes it feels good just to walk, chat, and try on clothes.
Today, I bought only one thing...a belt.  Had to.  Seems my pants were falling down during our little shopping excursion.  It made me think about picking up some new jeans.  I popped into the usual stores I visit, but I didn't have much luck.  Either they were too long or too short.  Maybe I didn't like the cut or the design on the pocket.  Maybe the wash wasn't right.
We went in to the Levi's store.  I have quite a few Levi's of varying sizes at home.  I like Levi's.  This time, shopping for jeans was more of a challenge.  There were steps to take to find the correct fit.  The saleswoman was very nice.  I told her I just wanted to try to find a good simple boot cut.  She took the time to measure me in an attempt to locate my particular "curve id".   She said I had a teeny waist, but with bold curves...Mmmm...a very politically correct way of saying I have a shapely backside.  Nice, right?
Well, as I looked back at the poster and contemplated whether or not this was a good thing, she selected a few jeans for me to try on.  I took my stack of jeans back to the dressing room.  Unfortunately, none of them really fit.  Perhaps it was because she had chosen only juniors sizes with a "young and modern" rise.  Perhaps I should have gone for the higher "modern" rise.  I wasn't quite ready to choose the "Classic" rise.  It made me envision the old high waist-ed "Mom" jeans.  Even the saleswoman said they'd probably be too high on the waist for me.  Ugh!  Wait a minute?  Why was she giving me all juniors sizes?  Can't I wear the grown woman stuff?
Anyway, it all seemed rather complicated.  All I wanted was a pair of jeans that fit me.  I gradually found myself becoming stressed.  She went to go answer a phone call and we left.  No worries.  I mean, I didn't really have an immediate need for new jeans anyway.  So what if my jeans were a bit baggy now.  I had a new belt.  : )        

No comments:

Post a Comment