Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Healing Hands

This morning, I walked four miles in my neighborhood.  In the past, I would have been deterred by the damp air (its been raining off and on) or even the fact that it was been pretty dark at 0700hrs. Today, I just felt like walking outside.  Anyway, I needed to keep my workout rather short.  I was scheduled to have a massage at my local Massage Envy.  They were raising money for the Arthritis Foundation today.
http://www.arthritis.org/index.php
When I arrived, I was immediately greeted by their friendly staff.  I am a regular and, whether they remember me or not, I always feel like they know me.  I always know I will feel right at home.  My masseuse today was Candace.  I have been to her in the past.  She is absolutely wonderful.  As a matter of fact, I felt a bit guilty.  I haven't been to her in quite a while.  I have grown accustomed to getting the hot stone massages and unfortunately, she doesn't do those.  So, needless to say, today was like visiting with an old friend.  When I checked out, I made sure to pick up a bottle of the Biofreeze to help me with my own occasional arthritis pain.  I've used a lot of gels and lotions.  But for me, this stuff works better that anything I've used in the past.  http://www.biofreeze.com/
In the end, I left feeling relaxed and ready to meet the day.  I needed that.  The day I met was to be a cool and rainy one.  Ugh...My first thought was...can I go back in and have another massage?  I remember the days when I would devote endless hours of my life to physical therapy appointments that never seemed to help.  Then I started getting regular massages once a month.  I can't tell you the last time I went to physical therapy.  Was it three years ago?  Funny...I don't miss it.  My massages?  Those, I would miss.  Got pain?  Have you tried Massage Envy?

No comments:

Post a Comment