Sunday, October 16, 2011

I'm Trying To Be Good

This morning, while the boys were at a Redskins game, my Stepdaughter and I went to a movie.  We saw "Abduction".   We both enjoyed it, but I'm not sure the boys would have.  To them, it probably qualifies as a chick flick.  Taylor Lautner did all his own stunts for the film.  I was pretty impressed.  That young man has definitely come a long way since "Shark Boy and Lava Girl".  I remember watching that when the kids were younger.  Even then, I kinda knew he'd be an impressive leading man one day.
Before the movie, I had my usual whey protein smoothie and later a Greek Yogurt with granola.  I've been eating the vanilla almond granola bear naked.  Wait a minute...maybe I should reword that.  I've been eating the "'Bear Naked" vanilla almond granola.
We were really good at the theater.  I had a water and the "Fiber Plus" bar I had in my purse.  I resisted the urge to get popcorn.  It wasn't easy.
When we got home from the movie, I looked down at my pedometer.  We had walked two miles today (and its a recovery day).  The boys were already home from the game.  The Redskins lost today, but the up side is..the Patriots are on television.  As we sat down to watch the game, we grabbed some whole wheat Triscuit crackers, hummus and brie...appetizers.  Mmmm.  What's for dinner?  We plan on splitting a Freschetta Simply Inspired thin crust pizza http://www.freschetta.com/thin-crust-pizzas/simply-inspired/default.aspx.  Tonight, its the farmer's market veggie.  We like the bruschetta Simply Inspired as well.  Tonight, like always, we will split it three ways and add a low calorie vegetable on the side.  That's 310 calories each and 14grams of protein (for the pizza).  Not bad.  I'm glad I get to have pizza again.  Really, I'm trying to be good.  Well, I'd better go.  I need to run upstairs and get some water while the commercials are on and well...I really want the watch the game.  Go Pats!    

No comments:

Post a Comment