Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Pay It Forward Health And Fitness




My Personal Workout Journey So Far

Total Miles Walked - 957
Weight Reps - 47,720 (5lb weights, 10-15lb kettle bells, curl bar, 6 or 8lb medicine ball)
Sit ups, crunches - 12,800
Push ups - 5500
Butt Lifts - 7700

If you've ever seen the movie, you'll understand.  Its about a teacher who gives his class the assignment to think of something that they could do to change the world.  One student takes it to heart.  He creates a plan.  Do a big favor, something amazing for three people, who agree to in turn do a big favor for three other people, and so on, and so on.  The adults cannot believe it as first, but it takes on a life of its own.  Before long, people all over the world begin to pay it forward.  Every time I watch this movie, I find myself desperately clinging to a box of tissues.  It is one of the most moving films I have ever seen.  It just goes to show one person can make a difference.  
In writing this blog, it has been my hope to spread the word about health and fitness, to take what I have learned and experienced and, in my own way, pay it forward.  It is now September.  For obvious reasons, I won't be writing in  "onethousandmilesin2011" after the year ends.  I may still write in a blog of a different name, but I've promised my family it won't be a daily commitment.  And this certainly won't change my current fitness routine.  I am a different woman because of this life change.  
So, I ask you...as I come closer and closer to the end of my blog journey, to pay it forward.  Share health and fitness ideas and experiences with those you know.  If you don't know what to say, just share this blog and others you might discover.  Together, one step at a time, one idea at a time, we can change lives.  Together, we can change the world.   

  

No comments:

Post a Comment