Monday, September 12, 2011

Just Keep breathing

This morning has been just one of those mornings when my body says "What were you thinking?  Go back to bed, you silly wench."  Even the boys were dragging butt this morning.  Hey, its a Monday.
As I got up, I knew it was going to be a long day.  My back was hurting.  The bed is acting up and we are still waiting on a part from the sleep number folks.  You know, if they don't come through with a solution soon, I may just have to revoke my offer to be their devoted non-celebrity spokesperson.
As I was heading down the stairs, my knee (the good one) began to hurt.  Ugh!  Not now!  I had tons to do before the maids came.  Yes, I am one of the people who picks up before the maids come to clean. I always say, "If they can't get to it, they can't clean it." http://maids122-px.rtrk.com/
Then our son missed his bus.  Add dishes left in sink, laundry to catch up on, and clothes to put away.  Breathe...just breathe.  My husband was on his way out so he volunteered to take a detour to the high school and drop our son off.  One less thing to worry about.
I decided, despite any pain I might be feeling, to just do whatever I could in the gym before I focused on picking up, the laundry, the dishes, and well...anything else that was stressing me out.  After all, exercise always helps to alleviate my stress.  I hopped up on the treadmill and began walking.  Slowly, I increased my incline.  I got up to eight before my back started to twinge.  So I lowered the incline to seven...to six...to five.  I held at four until I was nearly done.  I stepped off cautiously not wanting to twist anything.  I was okay.  And the knee was holding up fine.  I did my push ups, my sit ups, my butt lifts, and my weight repetitions.  The only thing that seemed difficult was the butt lifts so I did them more slowly.  You really don't want to do them too quickly anyway.  You tighten less, and they become less effective.  In the end, I was done with my workout by 0830hrs.
Its nice now that our youngest is in high school.  He leaves a half hour earlier.  My workout can begin as soon as he's out the door.  Its 1000hrs now.  I've already picked up, put away dishes and clothes, and begun laundry.  I even marked all the bags headed to the Lupus Foundation this Wednesday.
The maids are due to arrive in an hour.  My back still aches and my knee still hurts, but I feel less stressed, more relaxed.  I sit down and have some fiber one original zero sugar cereal with blueberries and light soy milk.
Then my husband called.  One of our repairman had to reschedule.  Just keep breathing, Girlfriend.  Just keep breathing.  Sometimes I wonder how I managed to do all this wife stuff and work full time too.

No comments:

Post a Comment