Monday, March 21, 2011

Year Of The Rabbit

   After I worked out this morning, I ran out to do a few errands.  My Stepdaughter in the Peace Corps.  Every now and then, we put together a care package to send her.  When it was all ready to go, I headed over to the post office to ensure she got it by Easter.  I know Easter isn't until the 24th of April, but things happen, and well...it is going all the way to Africa.  "If you are reading this Jen, don't worry.  Nothing will melt this time."  And tell your Sweetie we remembered the pistachios.  : )
   When I left the post office, I decided I should drop by the store and pick up a few things for our kids on this continent.  I popped into Walmart.  It made sense.  While there, I could also get some of my Jillian Michael's whey protein (don't want to run out).  I quickly grabbed the mix, then headed over to the candy section.  We'd already picked up a few things, but not enough to fill the box.  What could a little more hurt?  Well, I am such a bad Easter bunny.  As I told the lady at the checkout stand, I went a little crazy.  I kept thinking our kids in college would want enough to share with their friends.  Then I thought our youngest would also want extra to share when his friends came over to hang out and play video games.  After that, I thought my husband might want to take a bag into work to share with his work mates.  What can I say?  I was born in the year of the rabbit.  Maybe its instinctual to go a little overboard for Easter.

   I looked for a sugar free dark chocolate bunny (for myself), but I never found one.  So I just picked up a few of the treats I keep around the house, the ones that satisfy my sweet tooth yet leave behind no guilty feelings.  After all, how can one possibly live without chocolate?  Speaking of chocolate, my husband and I were in our neighborhood Wegman's yesterday.  Guess what I found out.  Not only do they now stock several different flavors of Chobani Greek yogurt, but they also stock most of the different Bear Naked Granolas.  And, get this... the new one is called Heavenly Chocolate.  A serving is 130 calories, 16 grams of whole grain, 2 grams of fiber, 3 grams of protein, 7 grams of sugar, and no trans fat.  You have to be careful with your portion size.  You will be tempted to eat the entire bag.  I had a bit in my yogurt this morning.  I don't recommend it with the pineapple. Its very sweet, kind of like Cocoa Krispies cereal.  Try it with the plain vanilla instead.  
   If you are out hunting for Easter candy, resist the urge to eat what the kids are eating.  Remember, there are plenty of sugar free or low sugar sweets out there that are just as good as what they are having.  
   
    

1 comment:

  1. Hi Terry! I definitely read your blog every chance I get (meaning when my internet or electricity doesn't cut out!) It's really entertaining and inspiring. I keep trying to add myself as a follower, but it doesn't work, which is why I wanted to comment and make sure you know I am reading it! -Jen

    ReplyDelete