Monday, March 28, 2011

The Contest Begins

"I am only one, but I am one.  I cannot do everything, but I can do something.  And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do."  ~Edward Everett Hale
BHG.com
http://photos.fitnessmagazine.com/category/vote/photo/758365?esrc=nwphotofaves_fitcover


  This week begins the voting for the Fitness Magazine "Face Of Fitness" contest.   I have little hope of winning, but I do have hope that this small gesture will help me spread the word.  It is never too late and you are never too broken to say, "I can get healthy".   Please take the time to vote.  Voting for my entry ends at the end of the week.   


Now, on to my blog.  
  This weekend, while visiting with my family, my brother asked me about our treadmill.  Basically, did we like it?  I promised him I would let him know exactly what we had and send him the information as soon as possible.  
  A treadmill was absolutely a must for our family.  So much so, that in the fall of last year, I told my husband all I wanted for Christmas was a new pair of Shape Ups (I wore out the first pair) and a Treadmill we could share (next year, I'm going to suggest an elliptical). : )  I walked outside until I just couldn't take it anymore.  When it got cold, my arthritis became a problem.  I've had arthritis for years, brought on by my old army injuries.  As long as I stay warm, I can handle it.  I am a tough Army chick, after all.  It mostly hurts in my knees, back, and wrists.  Anyway, walking outside when its cold is not really an option.  And unless my husband decides on a move to a warmer climate, he knows he must without a doubt listen to me whine every year.   
  This year, no more whining.  We began shopping for treadmills in October.  We did our research on line, then headed out to the local stores.  What we really wanted was a sturdy machine with a simple display and a reasonable price tag.  Easy?  Not so much.  Everywhere we went, we found treadmills that fit the bill in one area, but never all.  
   Then, we went to Fitness Resource.  http://www.fitnessresource.com/product_detail.asp?pid=232  There, we selected the T9250 with the simple display.  It has a low front, so I (at 5'4 1/2") can see over the top.  I watch television while I walk so I don't get bored.  The only thing I wish it had was a connection for my Ipod, but no worries.  The ipod is in a clock stereo right behind me.  I love the fact that the sales representative at Fitness Resource worked with us to get us the exact treadmill we wanted, almost as we designed it ourselves.  Let's face it, treadmills are an investment.  You don't want buyer's remorse when you sign the papers for delivery.  Soon, our treadmill was delivered.  The guys who put it together checked it thoroughly, then took the time to show me how it worked.  They were fast, efficient, and courteous.    
   Now, each morning, I step on, set it for the time I want, my weight, and speed.  I catch up with the latest news on "The Today Show", and an hour and fifteen minutes later, I am really to do all the other stuff that makes up my personal workout.  Now that our youngest is working on his fitness merit badge in scouts, it has become a true family asset.  : )



    
  
   
   

No comments:

Post a Comment