Sunday, March 20, 2011

Crunch Time

    This morning, I woke up with an urge to work out.  Today is the first day of Spring.  Its official.  I have made it through the winter without throwing my back out, visiting a doctor for anything more than a refill of multivitamins, or taking anything stronger than a couple of 200mg Ibuprofen.  I was motivated and well, exhilarated.  All this healthy living must be working.
    Well, my husband also woke up with an urge to workout.  I asked if he wanted to walk with me, but he wanted to run on the treadmill.  I soon discovered that the temperature has dropped forty 40 degrees in two days.  There goes that idea.  I wasn't walking outside.  I still have to deal with arthritis issues; therefore, cold is bad.  I really wish mother nature would quit teasing me with nice days and just bring on the warm weather.
    After downing my vitamins with a large glass of water, I had a wonderful cup of my favorite hazelnut decaf.  Decaf only nowadays.  The treadmill would be occupied for a while.  No problem.  I decided it would be a good day to do some abdominal work.  Its always a good day to work on the abs, right? : )
   Well, If you are fortunate enough to have "On Demand", I recommend you check out exercise tv.   http://www.exercisetv.tv/  Go to the on demand menu, select sports and fitness, then scroll down to exercise tv.  From there, you can select whatever you like.  Its a wonderful way to try out exercise videos for free.  I did two today.  I did the ten minute AM Standing Abs, then followed with the twenty-five minute Crunch Action Ass and Abs.  The AM standing abs really wasn't enough.  Crunch action was a good workout.  The time passed quickly.  Initially, it was a bit stressful on my knees, but I was careful to keep focus on my back side and abs.  I was able to keep up with the much younger trainer.  That alone, felt amazing.  Aren't there any trainers my age, with my issues, out there?  Anyway, I liked it so much, I decided to check out their website.  http://www.crunch.com/Centerstage.aspx  It seems Crunch is a chain of gyms, a franchise.  None are nearby, but that's why we have technology right?  To bring the gyms to us.
   One thing is for sure, these "On Demand" workouts are a great way to get in your daily exercise especially if you are strapped for time.  And I love the idea of trying things before I buy.  Want to get in a quick cardio, explore yoga, or just focus on a trouble zone, these short videos are well worth checking out.  Once you find one you like, they do sell the DVDs, and usually they are quite reasonable.
   Busy day today.  The boys are heading out to do some volunteer work for a wounded warrior.  I'm attending a neighborhood brunch to welcome a new addition.  Yes, I'll be good.  I will resist the temptation of the brunch time Bloody Marys and the sweet and decadent treats she is sure to have.  Well, I'd better get ready.  Enjoy your first day of Spring.      
 

No comments:

Post a Comment