Thursday, March 10, 2011

When Did That Happen?

    Our home is relatively quiet this morning.  The contractors are gone, but my husband is working from home.  After I worked out, I came up to check on him.  He was on a conference call.  You know what?  Blenders are not quiet.  I made my smoothie between calls and drank a glass of water.  I went up to shower and get dressed.
    Every few minutes, he would move the furniture back to its normal spot.  But I threw him for a loop.  This time, I decided to change things up a bit.  I like to do that.  Makes me feel like we are in a new home.  I guess I miss some things about being in the military.  Yes, believe it or not...I miss moving.  What can I say?  I am nomadic by nature and I really like to redecorate.  Maybe I missed my calling.
    Anyway, now that we had the hard wood, we really needed to add some throw rugs.  We had the main areas covered, but still we needed a few more.  I also thought it might be nice to put some chair pads on our dining room chairs while I was at it.
    Why the sudden need to pad the chairs?  Last Fall was when I first noticed.  We were at Carabba's Italian restaurant.  When I sat down, it felt different, significantly more uncomfortable.  I shifted around in my seat, until I decided to just sit on my jacket.  We were there with friends so I asked around the table, "Okay, when did that happen?  Did they get new chairs?"  My husband just laughed.  "Its not the chairs, T.  Its you."   I was a little embarrassed.  I no longer had that cushioned rear end I once had.  One of the downsides to getting healthier, I guess.  I now officially had a bony butt (which explains why I keep getting those burns when I do my sit ups).  : )  Well, I knew I would never sit in that dining room as long as the chairs were left unpadded.
   So, throw rugs and chair pads?  Sounds like a trip to Kohl's.  I headed out into the rain.  I didn't even mind it.  It wasn't cold, just wet.  It felt good and well, I was going to Kohl's.  I can never go in and come out with just what's on my list.  I ended up buying shorts for our son.  I know I know.  Confessions of a shopaholic? Hey, he's growing.  And Spring is coming.  One of these days, he's going to look in his drawer for a pair of shorts that fit.  He will, of course, yell down at me, "Mom, where are my shorts?"  They will be there, and they will fit, because I went to Kohl's and had the foresight to plan ahead.  After saving more than I spent again, I came home.  We lay throw rugs, move furniture and put on the chair pads.  My butt would at last be comfortable.  Praise be.
   My husband is calling, so I'd better make this short.  More furniture to move.  No, he doesn't really need me to help move furniture.  He just needs my input, my direction, my unique sense of style.  Put this here.  Put that there.  That's helping, right?  : )  Well, that's enough for today.  Back to work.
   Mmmm...maybe we will all sit at the table tonight, play a family game of dominoes...try out those cushions?

No comments:

Post a Comment