Monday, March 14, 2011

Be Well...

 
  I had to drop by the Pet store today.  We needed new filters for the fish tank.  After I left the store, I decided to pop into the General Nutrition Center (GNC) to see what was new.  I really didn't plan on buying anything.  The cashier was stocking the shelves when I came in.  He asked if I was looking for anything special.  I smiled and told him about the blog, giving him opportunity to sell his wares, so to speak.  He tried to entice me into purchasing a huge tub of whey protein, but I said no.  It had more calories than I liked.  I walked around and looked.  He went back to the shelves.  He was working on the Wellbeing line of products.  I had tried the calcium chews before (be balanced), but I had no idea they carried so many items.  You could be beautiful, be balanced, be energized, be nourished, be whole, be cleansed, be defined, be fulfilled, be wholehearted, be refreshed, be wholesome, be buff, be rested, and even be hot.  As I stared at the shelves, I listened to the knowledgeable cashier tell me all I needed to know about Wellbeing.  Let's just say, I was be-wildered be-yond be-lief.  I couldn't help but think to myself, "If I buy all that stuff, I could be poor."  I asked for a brochure I could read.  He said it was all on line.  Isn't it always?
    I really like to try new things, so I ended buying just two of the products that according to him were flying off the shelves.  I imagined the crowds at the door, lines as far back as the highway.  Perhaps, I had just come at a slow time.  Better get it while I can, though.  One never knows when she will be trampled by health enthusiasts eager to stock up.        

http://www.gnc.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=3703232&f=PAD%2FBrands%2FGNC+WELLbeING&fbc=1&lmdn=Brand&fbn=Brands|GNC+WELLbeING



   Be beautiful is dietary supplement.  It is supposed to support healthy hair, promote skin hydration, and strengthen nails.  It is only 20 calories for each chew.  There is sugar, but only 3 grams.  The taste of the acai berry is extremely sweet.  I never take more than one a day, so these will last two months (60 chews in each package).
   Be buff is a protein and fiber complex mix (whey protein).  Basically, it does the same thing most protein and fiber supplements do.  It fills you up and supports lean muscle tone.  It comes in chocolate and vanilla flavors, much like my Jillian Michaels whey protein.  Also, like Jillian's mix, each serving has 100 calories, 15 grams of protein, 3 grams of fiber, and 2 grams of sugar (hers is 3 grams of sugar).  Jillian's whey protein is sweetened with Stevia extract; GNC's is sweetened with Sucralose.  There is a recipe for a chocolate strawberry banana smoothie on the back.  Sounds like me, but I would use water instead of milk.  It costs more, twice as much as Jillian's Natural Whey Protein, and the servings per container are nearly equal.  I'll give a try and see if its worth it.  I will have to let you know on that one.   I may just end up using it only as a back up when I can't get to Walmart to get Jillian's mix or when Walmart is sold out.  At this price, it might be less expensive to buy hers on line.  We will see.      

No comments:

Post a Comment