Thursday, November 3, 2011

Tuesday On A Wednesday

Yesterday, my Stepdaughter and I met my husband for lunch near where he works.  He suggested we go to Ruby Tuesday for the salad bar.  No argument there.  In case you didn't know, they have the best salad bar in town.  
I pretty much knew what I was going to order as soon as we walked in the door.  Then, I got a look at the menu.  Wait a minute.  What are these "Petite Plates" listed under the lunch favorites?  Tuesday's now has new fit and trim selections.  Chicken, Trout, Shrimp, Chicken...even a Sirloin (I passed by that one since I'm having a non-beef/non-pork year).  But, should I have Salmon?  Mmmm...Trout maybe?  Three down in the list of healthier dishes was something called "Spaghetti Squash Marinara Pasta" and it was said to have only 177 calories.  Very tempting.  This was going to be more difficult than I anticipated.  http://www.rubytuesday.com/menu/lunch/
In the end, I opted to stick with my salad bar.  I loaded my plate with lots of green and topped it off with carrots and eggs (protein).  Being the healthy lady I am, I walked right past the dressings and the croutons.
Well, I was so proud of myself, I decided to give myself a reward.  I tried the Roasted Spaghetti Squash side dish (54 calories).  I had never tried spaghetti squash before.
Our waitress was very nice.  She added a cup of the marinara sauce on the side, smiled and said "You should try it."  She was so right.  The Spaghetti Squash with the marinara sauce was incredible.  Everyone was making healthy choices.  My husband had his salad bar with light Italian dressing. I was contemplating the idea of stealing one of his cherry tomatoes, but I thought that would be naughty.  My Stepdaughter had a Grilled Chicken Salad off the Petite Plate Menu.  Officially its 350 calories but, it was so big (for a lunch portion), she couldn't finish it.  She ate maybe 280-300 calories.  Afterwards, my husband went back to work and we went shopping.  I walked an additional two miles.  What a perfect day!  Have you been to Ruby Tuesday lately?  Its the place where good choices are made everyday.



     

2 comments:

  1. Terry
    Great blog, I am the general manager at this location. I see you are giving a thousand dollars to charity, that's awesome. Here at Ruby Tuesday we have a Give Back program to charity events, if you are ever interested in during a charity event or anyone that wants to do a fund-rasier let me know. Ruby Tuesday donates 20% of there sales for that location. Here is my contact information
    Jason Thompson
    thompsonf775@yahoo.com
    540-645-2714

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jason, Thanks so much. That's wonderful! My donation of $1000 was given to "Homes For Our Troops" when I reached 1000 miles. When I reached 1100, I gave $100 towards "St Jude's Hospital" (I am walking to support them on 19 November). Thanks again. Best of luck with your efforts. Terry

    ReplyDelete