Monday, November 28, 2011

That Cheesecake In The Fridge Doesn't Even Phase Me


Last night for dinner, we had a few friends over.  We sat around and watched as our team made us proud.  I tried to make good choices.  We had a lot of appetizers.  It wasn't easy.  But, in the end, I was happy with what I'd had.  The snacks were sneaky healthy.  What's sneaky healthy?  Its when you substitute naughty for nice.  The chips were all whole grain or multi-grain and, where we could, we tried to integrate lots of fruit and veggies.  If its in front of you, it will be the first think you grab.  The idea is if you have light cheeses on the table, you won't go looking in the fridge for the less healthy cheddar.  We did offer naughty for those who really wanted it.  Me?  Instead of dipping my veggies in the ranch dressing you see in the photo, I dipped mine in the roasted red pepper hummus.  Smart, huh?
For dinner, I ate a half portion of the walnut chicken.  Most did.  The portions were huge.  We cut them all in half.  The veggie lasagna my husband thought would be a nice side dish?  No one touched it.  With all the other stuff we had (our friends brought Thanksgiving leftovers too), no one had room.
I had some of the romaine lettuce salad with artichokes, roasted tomatoes, olives, and feta cheese.  Then I added a small side of butternut squash and cranberry sauce.  I completed my plate with a sliced Roma tomato topped with a slice of mozzarella cheese.  For my drink, I had a glass of red wine (and two glasses of water).
There was coconut cake and cheesecake but, I had no room for dessert.  I didn't even have room for my usual sugar free Jello with whipped cream.  I did have a cup of decaf coffee.   This morning, I got up feeling amazing.  I worked out hard in our basement gym.
At lunch today, a bunch of us went to see "Breaking Dawn part I".  We made smart movie snack choices and the movie was really good.  You know what?  I added another seven miles today.  I worked out hard.  I made excellent choices when it came to what I ate.  Right now, I feel strong and smart and confident.  That leftover cheesecake in the fridge doesn't even phase me.   If I had a superhero label, I'd be "healthy girl".  I'd have the superpower of discipline and I wouldn't need my glasses to read labels.  Hey, I can dream.  At least I know I can successfully ward off the evil cheesecake in our fridge.                


No comments:

Post a Comment