Tuesday, November 22, 2011

On A Rainy Day, There's Sunshine At Bubbles

Today is one those days most would prefer to just stay home, curl up on the big comfy couch, and watch old movies.  Not me.  Once my youngest was off to school, I headed down to our basement gym and hit the treadmill.  I was in the gym from 0700hrs until about 0830hrs, with focus on cardio, arms and abs.
Afterwards, I headed upstairs for my whey protein smoothie.  Take my advice.  Never add Fiber One cereal to your smoothie.  Believe me, that short cut turned out to be a mistake.  Sure, I drank it.  But let's just say, that's one smoothie experiment gone awry.  I really need to get to the store and pick up some more fruit.
Well, no time for a second try.  I had to get a move on.  I had an appointment with a new hairstylist at "Bubbles" Stonebridge at 1000hrs.  I was there when they opened their doors...just me, my umbrella, and a sugar free hazelnut soy latte I'd picked up at Wegman's.  Despite the nasty weather, the staff were all smiles.  Let's face it...no one really wants to have their hair done on a rainy humid day...there is a serious frizz factor involved.  But they made me feel right at home, more like family, and less like a first timer at their salon.
I was in particularly good spirits having had my early morning exercise, but a bit stressed at the upcoming holiday weekend.  I was really for my stylist, "Sunshine", to give it her best shot at making this 48 year old lady look younger.  She asked all the right questions and I immediately felt at ease in the hands of a professional.  Its been difficult since my friend Laura left town.  Its hard to trust new folks with your hair.  After all, your hair...its visual...what people see.  Second to your smile, its your ultimate first impression.  I told her I wanted to get rid of the gray and add a bit of dimension.  Together, we decided on two colors, both a shade of chestnut.  Before long, I had a head full of tin foil.  I looked silly and I laughed thinking if I went outside, I might be suddenly struck by lightning.  After the color had set, she took me back to wash my hair.  She massaged my scalp.  It was amazing.  I was so relaxed, I nearly fell asleep.  We could have done that all day and I'd be happy.  We back to her station where she trimmed my split ends, dried and flat ironed, then followed with the finishing touches.  I was extremely impressed with the job and well...I'll definitely be back.  So, if you are looking for a place where there is always "Sunshine", try the Bubbles at Stonebridge (next to Wegman's in Woodbridge).  http://www.bubblesforhair.com/home/ 
To Sunshine, I say, "Thanks for making me feel 20 years younger.  I'll see you in six weeks."       

No comments:

Post a Comment