Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving

It took us between eleven and twelve hours, but on the trip here, I managed to make good choices.  At the rest stops, I purchased only yogurt, fruit, and coffee.  And I drank lots of water.  On previous trips north, I have arrived feeling tired and irritable.  Not this time.  When we arrived, it was late. I had a glass of cabernet, some leftover chinese noodles, and went right to sleep.  In hindsight, I probably should not have had the late meal, but what can I say?  I was a hungry lady. 
In the background, I can hear the football game.  It is a beautiful day, though a bit chilly for this nonacclimated Virginian.  Its okay.  Today, we will most likely stay in enjoying the food and the holiday festivities.  Today is a day to gather, to hug those we haven't seen in forever, and well...to eat massive quantities of food.  I know.  I know.  I promise I won't over do it..  After all, I am trying to be a healthy lady.    
Can I be good?  Well, I have been so far.  I worked out this morning.  I added four miles, three hundred weight repetitions, fifty push ups, one hundred sit ups, and one hundred butt lifts to my already growing list of healthy choices for the year.  If I could figure out this strange computer I borrowed, I would let you know exactly how far I've walked. 
I've had probably fives bottles of water (in preparation for the wine I will later drink), my usual whey protein smoothie, some steamed veggies and some miscellaneous nuts that lay out in a dish.  I can smell the turkey, but I am seriously thinking I will stay away from meat this year, eat only vegetarian.  I told my husband I wanted to see what it was like to walk a mile in a vegetarian's shoes.  Yes, he thinks I am crazy.  "You can't not have turkey."  "Sure I can...not have turkey.  Look at all this other amazing yummy food." 
I'll keep this short.  I know few folks are reading today.  Have a wonderful day today.  Make good choices...well, do your best.  I'll be right there with you. 
Well, I'd better get back to the game.  Happy Thanksgiving. 

No comments:

Post a Comment