Friday, November 25, 2011

The Day After The Feast

Friday, the day after Thanksgiving.  I was pretty good yesterday.  I drank plenty of water and stuck to the traditional Thanksgiving fare.  I just excluded meat.  No turkey, no ham, and none of the famous Hurley sausage stuffing.  As it turned out, it wasn't really that difficult to eat solely vegetarian for the day.  I was testing my level of discipline and I passed. 
I had green bean casserole, sweet potatoes, salad, cranberry sauce, etc...all my favorites; then I added cauliflower and broccoli.  I have to admit it; I did have more wine than I usually have (three glasses), a kalua and coffee, and a piece of pumpkin pie minus the crust.  But I never eat the crust.  In addition, some of us sampled each other's sugar free chocolates.  Mmmm.  Decadent huh?  I am happy that, for once, I didn't feel as if I had gorged myself. 
This morning, I skipped my workout.  I know...right?  I actually took a day off.  I got up, had my decaf coffee, a banana, and a bowl of Fiber One cereal with almond milk.  It was really good.  I'd never had almond milk before.
We've just returned from lunch at "The Lobster Trap".  I was naughty.  I had a big bowl of clam chowder and a crab cake.  It was my first cream soup all year.  Later today, we are heading to another relative's home for clams.  I don't really like clams.  I've been told they will also have veggie burgers.  Maybe I should do an act of contrition while I am here...you know?  For the chowder today and the wine last night.  How many hail Marys do you think I need?
I have resigned myself to the fact that this weekend will not be the healthiest I've have this year.  No worries.  I will keep drinking water, and avoid what I can avoid within reason.  Its still all about the choices I make.  This is no time to be sweating the small stuff.  On Monday, I will get back on track.  Maybe I'll walk an extra mile or two or three or four.
I can't seem to get this computer to log my workout routine updates.  So far, even with the few bad choices I've made, I've managed to walk quite a bit.  I believe I have eight or nine miles already (I'll add them once we get home).  Last night, we walked the neighborhood here.  It was cold but, absolutely beautiful.  I haven't seen that many stars since we left Arizona back in 2004.  My husband and I held hands as we walked.  : )

No comments:

Post a Comment