Saturday, November 26, 2011

Home At Last

We just rolled in around a half hour ago...nine hours on the road.  We are all exhausted, yet strangely wound up.  I put in a load of laundry and there are at least two more loads to follow.  Its difficult to believe it was only a four day trip.
This morning couldn't have begun better.  My Sister in Law said she was going for a walk in the neighborhood.    Let me just say, I really wish I had taken my camera.  Massachusetts is absolutely beautiful right now.   You had the appearance of winter in New England minus the cold.  We walked about three miles before we came home.  All in all this weekend, I walked twelve miles.  Not bad for a holiday, huh?  And aside from my time in the gym on Thanksgiving morning, I wasn't even trying.  My husband's family just enjoy living healthy.  I love that.  It means more time with all of them.    
This weekend, I was even pretty good when it came to eating.  On Thursday, I went vegetarian.  On Friday, I did have fish but, other than that, I think I made some good choices.  Sure I had clam chowder and a crab cake for lunch, but I tried steamers (clams) for the first time ever and I had a veggie burger for dinner.  And last night, I kept it at no more than two glasses of wine.
This morning, I woke feeling great.  I had a banana, some Chobani with granola, and a decaf coffee.  And for lunch, just before we left for home, I had a dieter's tuna salad from a local restaurant called "Tony's".
https://tonys-sutton.foodtecsolutions.com:9443/menu?category=Salads  The portions were huge!  If you are ever in Sutton, Massachusetts, check them out.  Its definitely worth the trip.  My husband said his steak and cheese sub was the best he had ever had and our youngest had to take some of the turkey out of his turkey and cheese sub just so he could get it into his mouth.    
Even on our trip South, I managed to make decent choices.  I drank lots of water and, on one of our three rest stops (in New Jersey- Molly Pitcher), I found a Freshen Yogurt place.   http://www.freshens.com/Products/high-protein-smoothies.html  I later found out that, along with all the healthy stuff, it was loaded with sugar.  What can I say?  We research and, we learn.  I don't feel bad.  It was all I had for dinner.  Next time,  I will discover something new and even more healthy.  I noticed they have a Dick Clark's AB (American Bandstand) Grill.  Mmmm...I'm thinking maybe an omelet.  It might take a little longer but, it would totally be worth it.  
So, here I am finally home.  My husband is getting antsy wanting to turn on the television so I'd better make this short.  I need to hop in the shower anyway.  Nine hours stuffed into a car.  You know?  
Well look at that.  My husband just brought me a Kahlua and coffee.  What a nice way to end a wonderful weekend.  Wait a minute.  I still have tomorrow...and my husband says he walks to walk with me in the morning.
Until tomorrow...  : )

No comments:

Post a Comment