Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Those Barometric Changes

Last night, I finally dug into the leftover veggie lasagna. We all did.  You know what?  For something we discovered in the frozen section of Costco, it was really good.  I added leftover salad and I had a meal.  Yum.
It was damp and muggy when I got up this morning.  The weatherman said we should expect one hundred percent chance of rain, but it hadn't yet hit my county.  I considered walking outside, but decided against it.  Even if I could beat the storm, it would surely be difficult with my arthritis.  Good thing I did.  By the time I'd completed five miles on the treadmill, it began to pour.
My head has been hurting for a couple of days now.   Its probably just the weather.  I'm not worried.   I can handle headaches.  After all the years I suffered with migraines, headaches from barometric changes are a walk in the park (and you know how I love to walk).  As I looked outside, I couldn't help but think about all I had to do.  I met my Stepdaughter as she was heading downstairs to work out.  I asked if she wanted to run errands with me.  So out we went into the wet weather.  Our first stop was the Jiffy Lube.  http://jiffylube.com/about/aboutjiffylube.aspx
I was due for an oil change and I like Jiffy Lube.  They are fast and courteous.  So what if they always have extra stuff they want to sell me.  I worked in retail.  Suggestive selling?  One can always say no, right?  The mechanic came out with the umbrella so I wouldn't get wet as I headed to the waiting room.  Very gentlemanly.   I was impressed.  And they know my car.  They have everything on record.  They make it easy.  Its why I always go back.  Besides, my husband says never to get oil changes at the dealership...its too expensive.
Our next stop was to a store in town.  I can't say much though.  I bought a Christmas present for my husband and he sometimes reads my blog.  With that purchase, I am officially done with my Christmas shopping.  As a matter of fact, I am nearly done with wrapping.  I am waiting on one on line purchase.
After that stop, we headed over to the place where my youngest takes guitar lessons.  He is going out for a sport and I needed to adjust his schedule.  He has gotten so good, I don't want to end them.  Time to adjust fire, so to speak.
Then, it was time for lunch.  I like taking my Stepdaughter out for lunch.  I absolutely love having another girl to hang out with.  Did I mention the Jiffy Lube mechanic asked if we were sisters?  We just laughed.  Or maybe we giggled.  I can't remember.
Lunch was at one of our favorite places...Panera bread.  The cashier was the same one that waited on us the last time we were there...James.  We love James.  He is positively bubbly.  One can just tell he enjoys his work there.  "Hey, Panera bread, you should promote James.  We like him.  He makes you feel warm and welcome even when you come in out of the rain."    
I had the same thing I had last time, the half and half low fat vegetarian black bean soup with tuna on honey wheat bread and a bottle of water (and believe it or not, James remembered I had ordered that before).  Anyway, it was very filling as before.  I couldn't finish. I took the apple home again.  http://www.panerabread.com/   It was all good, but if this weather continues the way it is, I might just get the soup next time we go there (no, not to confuse James).  I just love their black bean soup.
Once we were done with lunch, we stopped in at Target.  I spent way too much money (as usual), but now I don't have to stop at the grocery store.  Then, we came home and watched "Super 8".  If you haven't yet seen it, I totally recommend it.  Its one of those movies that's suitable for the whole family...though you may want to watch the little ones (of cartoon age).  The aliens are pretty scary.  All in all, it was a good day despite the weather.  I can't complain.  Between the treadmill and our errands, I logged another seven miles today.  I'm glad we decided to venture out.

No comments:

Post a Comment