Sunday, June 26, 2011

You Know You Have Become A Health Nut When...

  You know you have become a health nut when you chug down a whey protein smoothie in no time, but can't seem to finish a seven and seven.  Last night, I did just that.  Cocktail time.  Something cool and refreshing to have with our chicken, mixed pepper, avocado, and sliced tomato whole wheat fajitas  (with black beans on the side).  During the meal, I drank two large refreshing glasses of water with crushed ice, but, I couldn't seem to finish my drink...
  Who am I?  What happened to the part owner of a home with its own basement pub?  Have I transitioned into someone else?  A non drinker?  Maybe I'm heading that way, but I still like my glass of red wine now and then.
  In the end, the ice melted in my little cocktail.  I sighed, and poured out what was left.  I made another glass of water.
   When I woke the next morning (Sunday), all I could think of was working out.  Wait a second...its Sunday.  I don't work out on Sundays.  I tried to fight the urge, but my body coerced me (it does that) into dressed in my Monday-Friday morning clothes...athletic attire that is.  I had my one decaf hazelnut flavored coffee with soy creamer and truvia, two large glasses of water, and headed downstairs.  I couldn't help myself.  It just feels so good.  Never in my lifetime did I ever believe I could become virtually addicted to health and fitness.  I guess there are worse things to get addicted to, right?  After I walked my five miles, I came down and made a whey protein fruit smoothie.  Yum.  I am now ready for the day.  Tonight, the new season of "True blood" begins.  Maybe tonight, I'll use the Fangtasia glass instead.  Maybe I will mix myself a red tropical fruit whey protein and pretend its O negative.  Ha ha...Weird though it may be, it definitely beats that cocktail.  At least I get my protein and fiber.    

No comments:

Post a Comment