Friday, June 17, 2011

Walk 632 Miles In My Shoes


  If you know me, you know I absolutely love my Sketcher's "Shape Ups".  They are the only shoes I've worn that haven't given me a problem over the years.  With bad feet, bad knees, and a bad back, I need a reliable walking shoe...one that doesn't cause additional injury.  I worn them all.  With shape ups, I can see the results.  These shoes, they work for me.  Over the past couple of days, I have realized that I may overestimated my poor little shoes.  After all, I've been really hard on them this past six months.  I honestly believed I would reach my thousand mile goal (and beyond) wearing the shape ups I got for Christmas.  
   No worries.  They are just equipment to get me to my fitness goal.  I showed my husband this morning.  They are literally coming apart at the heel.  He just smiles and says,"Time for a new pair."  So, what did I do?  In my typical fashion, I took them downstairs for another five miles, at an incline, and a 14.38 pace.  I knew they could take it. If I get to the store this weekend, I may get a new pair.  Then again, I may just keep wearing them until they fall off my feet.  Regardless of when I get out to replace them, I know my next shoe will definitely be another "Shape Up".  Maybe, my next pair can take me another 632 miles.  If you have any ideas as to what color I should get, please let me know.  I've owned the white and black.  Maybe I'm ready for something a bit more exciting.  Pink maybe?  Hmmmm...I wonder if they come in camouflage.  Now that would be my kind of shoe.  : )

No comments:

Post a Comment