Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day

We headed back this morning after spending the weekend visiting my mom at the Bon Secours Nursing Rehab facility down by where I was raised.  In her usual style, she was extremely appreciative that we drove down to see her, especially since this was Father's Day weekend.  It was good to see her.  And it was good for her to see us.  Sometimes, with all our commitments, it is challenging to visit often.
  We couldn't get in to our usual hotel, the Renaissance at Portside.  We ended up staying in the Courtyard Mariott over in Norfolk.  It was a bit of a drive, but we managed to get in five little visits over the weekend.  You don't want to overdo it on a visit.  It stresses the patients.  
  Last night, we had a mini Father's Day celebration at the MacArthur Mall with dinner at the California Pizza Kitchen.  If you haven't been there in a while, check it out.  http://www.cpk.com/menu/pdfs/nutrition.pdf 
  One thing is for sure, after seeing us, my mom has a goal now to get healthy again so she can come for a visit.  In the mean time, she hopes to be back to her home soon.   She is learning to walk using a one armed walker and the doctor says the pins in her arm can come out in three weeks.
  So, now we are back home and luckily it still counts as Father's Day.  I told my husband he needn't mow the lawn...that our son and I would do it later in the week.  He opened the remaining presents we had waiting.  Tonight, because it is Father's Day, he will decide on what we have for dinner.   Everyone is tired after the drive so it looks like its going to be take out.  I guess I'll get back on track tomorrow.  Unfortunately, I'll have to start with a walk in my beat to heck "shape ups".  Oh well... I'll get a new pair sometime this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment