Monday, June 13, 2011

What Am I Supposed To Do Now?

  Its a Monday morning and, like other weekdays, I am set on a path I actually find myself missing over the weekend...the path of the goddess of fitness.  Hey, Rosanne Barr once called herself a domestic goddess in her stand up comedy act.  Can't I be a "fitness goddess".  I have found that despite any whining I may encounter along the way coming from the direction of well...me...I love working out.  It makes me feel strong and youthful, something every woman steadily nearing the big five-oh wants.  Just two years and two months to go.
  Today is maid day.  Thanks to a recommendation from someone dear, I now have a maid service that I like.  So, after my workout and subsequent shower, I began straightening the house.  I know...I know...why am I straightening the house when the maids come today?  Simply put, they cannot clean what they cannot get to.  What I do is just prep work.  I picked up books and papers that were laying around, put away all the laundry, cleaned the kitty litter, and put the stacks of clean sheets on the beds for them to make.  I cleaned the refrigerator yesterday, not because they wouldn't but because I was bored.      
  Then I waited.  I checked my "Facebook" page.  I updated my calendar.  I made a protein smoothie.  I filled in my food and exercise log book.  Remember the log book?  Water...decaf coffee...Protein drink with fruit...Then, at the bottom of the page...walked 5 miles, 300 weight repetitions, 100 sit ups, 100 butt lifts, 50 push ups...still not here.
  I thought, okay...what am I supposed to do now?  So, I thought I'd make myself useful.  I went up and made the beds.  Then, I did a load of laundry.  At first, I thought I had my days mixed up.  As I sat and ate my Chobani Vanilla with bared naked granola, I was beginning to wish I had not already cleaned the refrigerator.  I started to wonder how many calories I was missing out on losing by having this maid service. Should I stop the service?  No Ma'am!  Get that thought right out of your mind! This is a good thing and you know it.  It helps you loads.  It even helps the economy.  And with this service, you have time to enjoy working out and blogging...being that goddess of fitness.
   Eventually, they walked in the front door ready to clean.  Belong long, they were everywhere scrubbing, dusting, vacuuming, etc...The furniture is moved around.  Cleaning supplies are everywhere.  I have to close my eyes and breathe deep.  My Obsessive Compulsive tendencies are kicking in.  The smell burns my nose.  In the background, I hear the mop being sloshed around in the bucket.  
   Still, I feel a bit guilty not helping them.  Maybe, I should leave for a while so I'm not just sitting here.  Do I need any groceries?  Where is that Kohl's 30% off coupon?  Just what I need...more shopping.  The dryer just beeped.  My sheets are done.  Thank goodness.  I can fold.  At last.  I was beginning to worry what kind of mischief the devil was going to find for these idle hands.  You know?  Like on line shopping.  : )

No comments:

Post a Comment