Monday, June 20, 2011

They Aren't Carrie Bradshaw's Manolo Blahnik's, But "Hello Lover"

  This morning, I got up and pushed my old shape ups to take me another five miles.  They went above and beyond the call of duty.  I never knew how much until I walked into the sketcher's store at Potomac Mills mall today.
  The salesperson informed me that the average shape up shoe is designed to last for 500 miles of walking.  Mine took me more than 600 miles before I saw any signs of wear and tear.  I am a demanding and frugal customer.  Believe me when I say, for the money, this is one hard core shoe.
  There I was staring at the racks of shape ups.  At first, I had a hard time trying to decide which ones to buy.  There are a lot more choices now.  Shape ups come in walking shoes, running shoes, walk/run shoes, all terrain shape ups, and even ones designed for folks that spend all day on their feet...like nurses.   I think my old ones were classified as "original".  
  I wanted something high on the calorie "burn meter", so I opted for the S2 Lite (a five out of five).  They were originally $120, marked down to $79.95.  I narrowed it down to two.  Imagine the look on my face when I was told, at this particular store, they were buy one get one half off.   Well, I figured, with as much walking as I do, it made sense to just buy both pair.  I made an investment in my personal health and fitness program and I saved forty dollars.
  No, you won't find me in a thousand dollar pair of high heels.  But you might see me out and about burning calories, toning my muscles, and improving my posture in my brand new hot pink and black shape ups.  Then again, I might also be in the navy and silver ones.  Life is all about choices, and today...I made a good one.
 http://www.skechers.com/style/12381/shape-ups-s2-lite/nvsl 
  Maybe, someday after I wear these out, Sketchers will design a camouflage shape up just for me.  : )

No comments:

Post a Comment