Tuesday, January 25, 2011

You don't have to give up pasta

    I went through a phase when I refused to eat pasta because of all the carbs.  I'm over that.  Nowadays, I say yes to pasta.  Its inexpensive and filling.  Let's face it.  Most of us don't have time to make our own healthy pasta from scratch.  We don't have it every day, but there is absolutely no reason why you have to give up pasta entirely especially when there are so many smart pastas out there.  What do I mean by smart pasta?  Smart pastas are the ones that are whole wheat, whole grain, multigrain, high protein, with calcium, Vitamin D, Omega-3, etc..  Once you've tried them, I think you'll find that the old pastas become bland and flavorless.  So, next time you are in the supermarket, check out the smart pastas.  The shelves are filled with them.  Barilla PLUS, our family favorite, is also on the "best life diet" (thebestlife.com).   




 

No comments:

Post a Comment