Saturday, January 29, 2011

Mall excursion

   I went to the mall today to catch a movie and maybe walk around a little.  It was a way to get out of the house and hopefully get a bit of exercise in the process.  The movie was wonderful by the way.  I saw "Black Swan".  I highly recommend it.  Anyway, I tried to keep it light with the snacks.  Though my favorite has always been twizzlers, I opted for the smallest bag of popcorn they had and a water.  I couldn't finish half the popcorn.  I guess my stomach is shrinking.  How weird is that?  After the movie, I ventured out into the mall.  I think I need to stick to mall walking on weekdays.  That place is way too crazy on weekends.  I found myself going in and out of people traffic, dodging everyone.  I walk pretty fast, like a woman on a mission.  Folks always seem to get in front of me.  It wore on my nerves so I decided mall walking could be saved for another day.
    Its interesting though.  Every time I walk the mall, I find myself people watching.  Have you ever watched the people who shop at the mall?  They come in varying shapes and sizes.  Some are actively shopping.  Some aren't.  But all of them are exercising whether they like it or not.  Walking around and shopping is definitely exercise.  I wondered if any of them knew they were actually exercising today.  Probably not.

No comments:

Post a Comment